The winners of HKFYG x DBS Social Innovation Challenge are as follows:
Social Innovation Award (Gold) and “Tech for Good” Award: Thriveful Group Limited
Social Innovation Award (Silver): WeLife Design Limited
Social Innovation Award (Bronze): Avatech Innovation Limited
Social Innovation Award (Merit): Work, Sheet. Studio Limited
● Develop a platform for social innovators to spark and enrich their ideas
● Broaden the network and support youth start-ups to upgrade their business
The Challenge is open to companies that meet the criteria below:
2.1 Business enterprises that improve our society or with a clear vision.
2.2 Business enterprises registered in Hong Kong after 1 November 2012, and which have been incorporated / set up in Hong Kong.
2.3 Business enterprises hold all valid permits and licenses required or necessary for their business and activities.
2.4 The representatives of each business enterprise must be Hong Kong residents aged between 18 and 45 (as at 15 Oct 2017) and be the founder(s) of the business, owning more than 50% share of the business.
2.5 Past and existing grantees of DBS Foundation are not eligible to apply HKFYG x DBS Social Innovation Challenge (“Challenge”).
3. Judging Criteria
For the Social Innovation Award (Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit Award), the Judging Criteria will be based on the following 6 areas:
A. Social Value
C. Business Plan and Business Model
D. Market Positioning and Competitiveness
F. Technology applicability
- The team having the highest score at the “Technology applicability” criterion will be awarded for the “Tech for Good” Award
4. Important Dates & Deadlines (2017)(HK Time):
● Registration and Paying the registration fee - by 5pm, 15 Oct
● Online application form Submission - by 5pm, 17 Oct
● PowerPoint Submission for Screening - by 5pm, 26 Oct
● Screening - 27 October - 2 Nov
● Announcement of Finalists - 6 Nov
● PowerPoint Submission for Final Pitching - by 5pm, 10 Nov
● Final Pitching Day - 16 Nov
Please refer to the following link: https://goo.gl/ECh72N